This trip offers you the opportunity to safely embark your family on a cycling adventure with kids of any age; we got your back!
Unpredictable is the essence of family trips: How many kilometers will the kids handle happily, what if they refuse cycling halfway through, how many meltdowns and falls, what if...? These are every family's questions. On this trip we will be available to make sure you have the most relaxing, yet empowering experience. We will give you as many cycling options as you need to fit the particular needs of your family and a support vehicle is included on day 2. We will come to the rescue if you need.
You will stay at friendly Penny’s Boutique Motel in Thornbury, a very quick ride away from the pier, restaurants, and the trendy Pom Pom ice cream store which, along with dreamy beaches might be the central piece of motivation to reward everyone after the ride!
We will provide you with our best tips of what to do during and in between rides. And if anyone wants to ride more, check out our optional add-ons section.
Our prices are based on two adults paying
Up to 2 children sharing the room are free of charge
Duration: 3 days/2 nights
Distance: Up to your family
Skill/Fitness Level: Kids&adults of all ages
Trip Departure: Thornbury
Cost per adult*: $749 CDN pp + HST ($846.37)
Cost per children, up to 2 children sharing the family room: FREE
*Cost based on 2 people paying, sharing a family room with two queen beds
Booking fee included
Custom dates & group pricing available
After arriving at Penny’s motel, head for a self-guided and customized ride around Thornbury.
Cycle on the Georgian Bay waterfront trail to one of many beaches, head back to town to enjoy some ice cream by the pier, before an included dinner at Penny’s Motel.
Note: check-in is at 4pm, parking available earlier
Distance: 5-7k & 15-10k loop (Or more, or less!)
The trails along Georgian Bay in Collingwood are perfect for a family with young kids: There’s swans, ducks, aigrettes. There’s parks and beaches to relax by the water.
Drive to Collingwood after breakfast and cycle for how long as you would like our one way itinerary following the waterfront trail at your own pace: when you are done we will bring you back to your car. Spend the rest of the exploring Collingwood and head back to Penny’s Motel when the timing suits you.
Distance is up to you: 5 to 15 KM. (3 to 9 miles)
Cycle more, head to the beach, do some local shopping, visit the Black history museum or pick one of our optional activities
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
- Cycling routes for all levels & Gpx files
- Half-day Vehicle support on Day 2 (able to transfer bikes, adults & booster seats eligible children)
- Transfer back to your car or the motel on Day 2 (able to transfer bikes, adults & booster seats eligible children)
- On call route support service
- Optional add-ons
- Alcoholic beverages, personal expenses
- Airfare/transportation to route departure point
- Bike rental: Hybrid $40+HST /day, ebikes $80 +HST/day
- Family accessories, prices on demand: Bike trailer, TowWhee bungee, Weeride tagalong bike trailer
- Bicycle computer preloaded with routes rental $45+HST/day
- Guided sunset ride, 2 hours $60 +HST pp (2 people minimum)
- Bike&passenger shuttle to the highlands, self-guided ride downhill to the motel $150+HST (price for 2 people)
- Customized requests
- Extra night at the motel
All multi-day tours are booked through our booking partner and licensed TICO agent
OK Cycle and Adventure Tours
666 Kirkwood Avenue - Suite B102, Ottawa, ON K1Z5X9
Toll-free 1-888-621-6818 or Local 613-702-5350
TICO Ontario Registration #50022848