Humdinger Bicycle Tours (HBT) organizes the “Win a Muskoka Lakes 3 Day Trip” draw (the Contest). HBT is responsible for the Contest, its organization, the Contest Rules (the “Rules”), for notifying the winner, prizing and fulfillment of prizing.
The Contest will run from January 1 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) until March 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
By registering and participating in the Contest, Entrants get a chance to win one Grand Prize – a 3 day Muskoka Lakes cycling trip for 2 (the “Grand Prize”), or one of 3 monthly secondary weekly prizes of a Humdinger Bicycle Tours gift pack (hereinafter “Secondary Prizes”)(the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes are collectively referred to as the “Prizes”). By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry (each Entrant is referred to as an “Entrant”, together, the “Entrants”) and who have a valid email address and Internet access prior to the start of the Contest Period. Employees of HBT, sponsors, suppliers of the Prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or of any other party directly associated with the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any persons residing with these employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors are not eligible to participate.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter online: visit www.humdingerbiycletours.ca/promotions/, complete the official online entry form providing the Entrant’s valid email address, full name, address and phone number and click ‘ENTER’ where indicated.
Limit one (1) entry per person per month. HBT is not responsible for entries that become lost or misdirected.
By selecting the optional checkbox to receive newsletters, you are opting to receive emails from HBT with news, special offers, promotions and informative posts. You may unsubscribe at any time. Any requested opt-in consent is not required to enter the Contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won in this Contest, consisting of:
- A Humdinger Bicycle Tours 3-day Muskoka Lakes Tour for 2 people. Inclusions and exclusions for this trip are as described here: https://www.humdingerbicycletours.ca/muskoka-lakes-road-cycling-3-day-tour/
- Note in particular that the prize does not include transportation to and from the tour departure in Orillia, Ontario, Canada.
Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is CAD $1500. The following terms and conditions apply to the Grand Prize to be awarded pursuant to these Rules:
- All prize details shall be determined by HBT in their absolute discretion. Some restrictions may apply. Trip Prize must be chosen from among the schedule HBT Muskoka Lakes 3 Day Tours for 2018 or 2019. Trip must be reserved by May 31, 2019.
- Each Traveller must be of age of legal majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, nd must sign a release of liability and consent to publicity form prior to participation in any prize activity. Travellers may be required to present a valid major credit card to hotel upon check-in. If the winner elects to travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded under any circumstances.
- The Travellers must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel documents prior to travel (e.g., valid passport).
- Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal taxes. Travellers are responsible for any additional expenses not included in the prize as described herein. Without limiting the foregoing, all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description above are the responsibility of the Travellers, including but not limited to, travel and medical insurance, meals, incidentals, gratuities, in-room charges, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, luggage fees, service charges or facility charges, security fees, taxes or other expenses.
- No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Released Parties (defined below) shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary (whether having the effect of lengthening or shortening the trip itinerary) and, by participating in the prize activity, each Traveller acknowledges and accepts such risks, and agrees that HBT and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable, are only responsible for the prize elements as listed in these Rules, subject to the terms and conditions herein contained, and are not responsible for any additional costs or expenses that may be incurred by any Traveller as a result of such changes in itinerary.
- The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible in the event any Traveller is denied the ability to fly out of or into any particular airport, whether due to airport restrictions or otherwise, nor are they responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or any other changes made by any transportation and/or travel companies, hotels, air carriers, or others providing or arranging any travel or prize-related services or accommodations, including, without limitation, any resulting changes in services or accommodations. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed, save as otherwise determined in the absolute discretion of HBT and/or prize supplier(s).
- HBT and prize supplier(s) have the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or remove any Traveller from any activity at any time if such individual is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, abusive, or unobservant of applicable rules, laws or regulations, or if such individual is likely to cause or has caused damage to person, property, or the reputation of HBT and/or prize supplier(s), as determined in the absolute discretion of HBT and/or prize supplier(s), as applicable.
3 Secondary Prizes (1 per month) each consisting of a HBT prize pack, selection of prize pack items at HBT discretion.
- Approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $100 CAD.
- WINNERS SELECTION and CONFIRMATION. Grand Prize Winner: One winner will be randomly selected on or about 10 pm ET on May 5, 2018 in Orillia, ON for the Grand Prize from all eligible entries received, including those who have won a monthly Secondary Prize.
Secondary Prize Winners: Winners for the monthly Secondary Prize will be selected on or about Thursday, February 1, 2018; Thursday, March 1, 2018; and Monday, April 2, 2018, in Orillia, ON. One potential Secondary Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received in the previous month of the Contest Period.
The selected Entrants for the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes will be notified by HBT via phone within two (2) business days of the drawing with details on how to claim their Prize. Before being declared a winner, the selected Entrants must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via email. Odds of winning are entirely dependent on the number of entries received for each draw.
To claim their Prize, each winner must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within five (5) business days of notification. If winner does not comply, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize package will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at HBT’s sole discretion.
Acceptance of Prize. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photo, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or promotion without further compensation. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another Prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided below.
Prize substitution. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for HBT to award a Grand Prize or Secondary Prize (or part of either a Grand Prize or Secondary Prize) as described in these Contest Rules, HBT reserves the right to award a prize (or part of prize) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at HBT sole discretion, the cash value of a replacement prize (or part of a replacement prize) as indicated in these Contest Rules.
Neither Contest Organizer nor HBT make any representations or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Grand Prize or Secondary Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from any of the Released Parties (as defined below) should his/her Grand Prize or Secondary Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the Grand Prize or a Secondary Prize, each confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- Limitation of Liability– Use of Prizes. The winner releases HBT, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, officers, directors, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that he/she or his/her guests (in the case of the Grand Prize winner) may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prizes, including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
For this purpose, each winner hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Prizes awarded in connection with the Contest; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties and (iii) agrees to sign a declaration and release form before receiving his/her Prize.
Any and all costs incurred by a winner to claim, use or redeem his/her Prize shall be borne by the winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
Conduct. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
Decisions of HBT as Contest Organizer. Any decision of HBT as Contest Organizer regarding any aspect of this Contest, including, without being limited to, the eligibility and/or disqualification of an entry shall be final and without appeal.
Disqualification. Any person entering or attempting to enter the Contest by means that are contrary to the Rules or unfair to other Entrants (for example, entries in excess of the prescribed limit, if any) will automatically be disqualified and may be referred to the competent legal authorities.
Limitation of Liability. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular or misdirected entries or for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line in connection with the loss or absence of network communication or with any defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission from any computer or network that may limit any person’s opportunity to enter the Contest or prevent him from entering the Contest. Entrants further agree to release the Released Parties from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of any Prize.
Modification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time.
Number of Prizes Awarded. In all cases, the Released Parties cannot be required to award more Prizes than the number indicated in the Rules or to award prizes other than in accordance with the Rules.
Authorizations. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to have their submitted name displayed on HBT’s website, blog and Facebook page and used by HBT for any purpose regarding the Contest and for promotional and advertising purposes in connection with the HBT and their respective products at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and by the decisions of HBT, which will be final and won’t be subject to appeal in any respect, including without limitation, any decisions concerning eligibility, disqualification of an entry, or Prize attribution.
Governing Law. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws in the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.